When writing the story of your life, don't let anyone else hold the pen. ♥

Tuesday, January 3, 2012

The Start of 2012

2012!?!??!! Where did 2011 go? It seems as though the older I get, the faster the time goes. Maybe it’s because that is the pace of life and we just don’t want to believe it.
Oh the holidays were lovely, and of course went by to fast as we all say and now we are back to the grind. Back to reality, back to work, back to starting a new fresh year! I love the fact that overnight we decide that it’s a new year and a new beginning. It helps many people set new goals to help improve their lives for the upcoming year and so on. We all make plans, some make resolutions and some start fresh.  I know that there was no difference between December 31st and January 1st, but mentally we can make that difference.
Oh Facebook, how I love thee. I love Facebook for numerous of reasons, being able to keep in touch with my best friends and with my family, being able to see pictures of all the little ones growing and looking at all the amazing pictures of all the amazing places people have been.  What disappoints me and makes me a little sad is seeing status’s that say something along these lines “2011 was the worst year ever, let’s put that behind us” and “I’m so glad 2011 is over, worst year ever”.  I understand that our lives can be hectic sometimes and we make mistakes and have regrets but that’s the beauty of life. The beauty of it is learning from it and moving on from it. I understand that life was hard in 2011 for some and great for others, but from this we learn. Life is a process of living and learning. If 2011 wasn’t what it was for you or me or whoever, today wouldn’t be the same. Today we won’t make the same mistakes we made it 2011 we will move forward and learn from what we have experienced. It’s okay if 2011 was your worst year ever, but take the positives out of the year and start fresh today. “One reason God created time was so that there would be a place to bury the failures of the past” Even through all those tough times in 2011, there were also great times remember those and don’t dwell on the past. You’re not the only one with a past, we lived through that and became who we are today. Be happy you are healthy and that today is a new day.
1)        “Do not dwell in the past; do not dream of the future, concentrate the mind on the present moment.”
2)       “Forgiveness does not change the past, but it does enlarge the future.”
3)       “The past is behind, learn from it. The future is ahead, prepare for it. The present is here, live it.”
4)       “Right actions in the future are the best apologies for bad actions in the past.”
5)       “Don’t look at the past; you won’t be able to go back there anyway.”

I look forward to all my friends and family Facebook status’s about the wonderful lives they live. This year looks like it’s going to be an exciting one. I know for me, for some reason, my best years come every 3 years, and this year just happens to be that year. 2006 was when I learned who I was and grew from that, moved away from home and met the man of my dreams, 2009 I had the perfect wedding,  I married that man of my dreams, my family grew greatly. Every year is between was great as well but every 3rd year seems to be the greatest! Indeed I am looking forward to 2012, so many new things in store, many trips are going to be booked and of course we all will open the next chapter in our lives! Who knows, maybe I will blog more often J

Promise me, that today is a new day in your life, be happy, laugh lots, learn from your mistakes, move on from the past, begin each day with a smile, say you’re sorry, forgive and forget, take deep breaths, set goals, achieve goals, do something that you wouldn’t have done last year, and most of all LOVE because love is everything. Love is the first thing a baby knows, is to be loved and to love. Love your friends, love your family, love your life, love your spouse and most of all, LOVE yourself!
Danielle XO

No comments:

Post a Comment